The ASUA Appropriations Board will allocate approximately $200,000 to ASUA recognized clubs and organizations throughout the year at the University of Arizona. Club funding is a great financial resource for clubs to put on events and travel to conferences or competitions. Each request is evaluated on how it educates, enhances, or enriches University of Arizona students, the campus community, and how it contributes to the educational mission of the University. Recognized clubs are eligible to apply for up to $5,000 per year per club. We have a limited amount for funding and funds are never guaranteed.
The Basics of Club Appropriations & Deadlines
- The Appropriations Board meets every Monday at 2:00 pm
- Completed applications are due every Tuesday by 2:00 pm for consideration by the Appropriations Board in the following Monday's meeting
- Completed applications must be presented and awarded at the Appropriations Board meeting at least 3 weeks before your event begins or purchases are needed.
- Funds allocated by the board are not officially appropriated until the ASUA Senate confirms and approves them the Wednesday following your meeting.
- Funding is based on availability on a first come, first served basis. Funding is never guaranteed.
- Recognized organizations can apply for general funding (covering merchandise, equipment, marketing materials, room rentals, etc.) and Travel Funding (motorpool, airfare, hotel, Airbnb, or registration fees)
- Applications are available on CampusGroups. Visit our website for instructions to submit your club’s application.
- During the Board meeting, at least one member of the group applying for funding MUST be present to discuss their proposal and answer questions from Board members.
- Incomplete applications will not be seen by the Appropriations Board.
- Reimbursement is based on receipts provided.
General Appropriations Rules
- Club organizations MUST be recognized by ASUA.
- No more than 30% of the event/travel budget can come from the University departments, colleges, or other institutional sources.
- Clubs who charge more than $500 in dues/membership fees are ineligible to apply for Appropriation funding.
- A maximum of $5,000 can be allocated per club per academic year.
- Travel funding is only processed through reimbursement directly to the club.
- General items must be purchased through ASUA directly.
- Per Arizona Board of Regents, UA Printing and Publishing has the first right of refusal for all print jobs.
- You must work with Fast Copy/Fast Design before attempting to use an outside organization.
Eligibility & Requirements
View list of approved vendors for t-shirts/uniforms/merchandise
The ASUA & Bookstore logo’s must be included on shirts and merchandise.
ASUA Appropriations Board cannot fund
- Food, gas, alcohol, awards/trophies, gifts - this includes graduation stoles and cords
- Speaker/presenter fees, honorarium
- Entertainment and events not open to the entire student population
- Items that fall into personal use
- not purchased from a university approved vendor
- shirts/uniforms that do not include the ASUA and bookstore logo.
- shirts more than 1/2 the total and only up to $1,000
- No headwear - per university contracts (beanies, visors, bucket hats, caps, etc.)
- Reimbursement for any charge that would be payable after the use of the good/service is incurred by an organization (monthly bills, subscriptions)
- charges which ASUA is required to provide bank/card information into a non-ASUA staff member owned website or websites which cannot provide invoice-based payment.
- No more than 5 members of the same club for the same travel
- We require 4 students per hotel room which means we only cover the cost of 1.25 hotel rooms.
- Clubs can stay at any hotel, but the Appropriations Board will only cover the nightly rate of the cheapest hotel within 1 mile of your venue.
- The same rule applies to Airbnb
- Requests that have been on the agenda for three weeks without approval
- If a club representative is not present at the meeting, it will be tabled for the following week.
- If there is not enough information uploaded for the board to review, the request will be tabled for the following week and the club must upload additional documents.
- Reimbursement requests for items already purchased - The appropriations board only reimburses for travel items (airfare, registration, hotel)
This list is not exhaustive or all-inclusive. View all rules in the ASUA bylaws, website, and handbook, or email an ASUA club advocate at email@example.com if you have questions on funding opportunities.
Receiving your reimbursement from appropriations
After your event or travel is completed, it is important that you email ALL your receipts and funding approval sheet to the ASUA Administrative Associate to process a reimbursement. You will be reimbursed up to the amount determined by the Appropriations Board. If you do not submit your receipts within 30 days after your event or travel, you forfeit your reimbursement. Reimbursement requests for each academic year are due by June 14. No reimbursements will be processed after that date.