Volunteer Services is a student-led initiative through the Associated Students of the University of Arizona. Our mission is to respond to the needs of the community by connecting the campus and community through intentional service opportunities. We prepare our students for lifelong citizenship and to be advocates of social change.
Volunteer Services advances the land-grant mission of the university by building meaningful relationships between campus and community partners in order to create equitable change at the University of Arizona and within the surrounding community.
Volunteer Services facilitates civic engagement opportunities for students, faculty, and staff to serve and make a positive impact in the community and society at large.
To accomplish our mission, we:
- Serve as a clearinghouse for volunteer opportunities both on campus and in the greater community
- Offer leadership opportunities to students interested in coordinating volunteer projects
- Offer resources and personal contacts to agencies for students to gain a more comprehensive understanding of issues facing our community
- Support and advocate for both the university and the community
- Facilitate the volunteer matching process between students and community partners
- Provide opportunities for continued service after events and graduation
- Please contact us if you would like to inquire about volunteer opportunities or ways to get involved!